MBBS in Russia: An Overview
Study MBBS in Russia
Russia is among the best option for medical professionals looking for further education with affordable fees without compromising on the quality of the education they will receive Students from all over the world travel to study in Russia, which is ranked as the eighth best study destination. Top Russian medical universities currently hold about 30 positions in the global rankings of medical universities.
The Dalmia Education Team helps this increasing number of students in getting admission to their dream universities in Russia. The Dalmia Education Team assists students throughout the process to make it as seamless as possible for the students, so they don’t face any problems while making it through their application procedure. The team is there to solve all the queries and problems of students at every step of their application process.
Highlights of MBBS in Russia
|Name of the course||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)|
|Duration of the course||5 years|
|Basic eligibility criteria for the course||Minimum 50% in 10+ 2 Examinations with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as Subjects|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|IELTS & TOEFL requirement||No|
|Cost of living (Without Rent)||$640-$700|
|Intakes||September & January|
Advantages / Benefits of studying MBBS in Russia
For Indian students, studying MBBS in Russia has many advantages. In order to help you comprehend them better, we have listed them below.
- Simple and uncomplicated admissions process
- No entrance test
- Low and subsidized course fees
- European living standards
- Russian medical universities grant internationally recognized degrees.
- 100% guarantee of a visa
- All universities are accredited by the Russian government.
Why Study MBBS in Russia?
- Most of the MBBS universities in Russia have Indian mess facilities to make their international students feel at home.
- The language of interaction and the curriculum in almost all the MBBS universities is in English. So, the Indian students do not have to learn a new language to study MBBS from Russia.
- Travelling costs in Russia are not pocket-heavy for students. The travel costs in Russia are very minimal and affordable.
- Cost of living as well as the fee structure of top universities is way cheaper than in most countries.
- Russian Universities have highly skilled administrative staff.
- Students are awarded a degree that is recognized by MCI, WHO & UNESCO etc., and is valued around the globe.
- University environment in Russia is truly very international friendly as all the universities in Russia support a hundred percent raging-free environment.
Student life in Russia
Environment: Russia has one of the best mass-education systems in the world with a long history of providing all residents with a high-quality education. The literacy rate in Russia is 98 percent, which is higher than it is in the majority of Western European nations.
Accommodation: Universities in Russia provide housing to all international students enrolled in full-time programs. Accommodations during exam time are provided to distant learning students.
Leisure Time: Student life is quite lively and exciting in Russian universities; you can take part in conferences, exhibitions, and science or educational seminars.
You can participate in sports as well; there are basketball, volleyball, football, and other teams at each university.
Additionally accessible are cultural events including beauty pageants, talent shows, and KVN (clubs of funny and inventive people which are humor contest clubs run by university students).
MBA curriculum in Russia
In Russia, the entire MBBS curriculum is finished in six to eight years. This complies with both American and European requirements.
- Students are taught the theoretical side of medicine during the first three years of medical school.
- In the first three years, students are taught the fundamentals of human biology as well as microbiology, genetics, physiology, biochemistry, and general pathology.
- Two semesters are used to divide each year.
- The last three years are the primary years where students must do an internship or clerkship in addition to studying emergency medicine, neurology, pediatrics, psychiatry, pediatrics, primary care medicine, and other specialties.
In Russia, the following teaching techniques are employed with MBBS students:
- Meetings and debates in small groups
- Lecture-based assessments
- Laboratory and practical work
- Clinical education
MBBS in Russia V/s MBBS in India
|Bases of difference||MBBS in Russia||MBBS in India|
|Cost||Russian medical school is less expensive than those in other nations including India.||In India, attending medical school is expensive.|
|Donation||There is no compulsion to donate.||For admittance to several medical schools in India, donations are necessary.|
|Entrance Exam||No entrance exam is necessary.||There is an exam for admission.|
|Degree||The given degree is a medical doctorate.||The title of the degree is MBBS in Medicine.|
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Russia
Russia have consistently ranked well on students’ lists for MBBS programs. For Indian students, qualifying is not so difficult. This is what you require:
Age: During the year of admission, you must be 17 years old on or before December 31.
Grades: Students must have received at least 50% of their possible points in the science stream in their 12th grade, including physics, biology, and chemistry. To enroll in the program, you must have completed ISC/CBSE or another equivalent board.
Exam: MCI’s judgment is in line with the Delhi High Court’s ruling. MCI has mandated that Indian students who do not plan to take the NEET but wish to enroll in foreign medical universities in 2022-23 obtain an Eligibility Certificate from MCI at their expense. IELTS and TOEFL are not necessary for Russia, unlike other international nations, to pursue a degree.
Document Required for MBBS in Russia
The following documentation is required to study MBBS in Russia:
- Passport that is at least 18 months old
- Birth Certificate, 10th, and 12th Certificates
- Four photos in passport size
- Acceptance letter from the Russian Medical University
- A copy of your HIV test results
- All paperwork must have Ministry of External Affairs approval (New Delhi)
- Evidence that each one of your documents has been legalized by a Russian embassy
- Receipt of payment of visa application fees
- University receipt plus first-year tuition expenses
Best Medical colleges in Russia for intake 2022-2023
|University/Colleges||Establishment Year||Starting fee*||Country Ranking|
|Crimea State Medical University||1931||$4000/yr||19|
|Ryazan State Ip Pavlov Medical University||1943||$4000/yr||239|
|Dagestan State Medical Academy||1932||$4000/yr||299|
|Yaroslavl State Medical Academy||1944||$3800/yr||294|
|Saratov State Medical University||1909||$4500/yr||130|
|Tver State Medical University||1936||$3200/yr||238|
|Northern State Medical University||1932||$5700/yr||223|
How to get Admission for MBBS in Russia
- Prepare the necessary documents:
Before applying for a visa, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- A passport or other form of identification that is still valid at least 18 months after the visa was issued.
- Passport-size images.
- Invitation letter from the GUVM.
- A medical statement stating that you are free of a disease like HIV.
- Get your parents or legal guardians to sign a consent form if you are under the age of 18.
- Letter of Invitation to Study in Russia:
The Federal Migration Service of Russia and the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs typically issue such invitation letters.
- Examine Your Financial Capability
Make sure that the course is something you can afford. You could also search for scholarships to save money.
- Apply to Universities:
There are six Russian universities where you can do so, but be careful! You must first successfully complete an exam, undergo an interview, and navigate the challenging hiring procedure. In the event that you won, they will issue you an invitation so you can obtain a visa.
- Wait for your visa:
It should arrive in 2–5 weeks. You might pay a higher price to speed up the process if you want it to happen quickly. However, the price could change according to where you live. Finally, confirm your visa to pursue an MBBS in Russia by contacting a visa center or Russian Embassy consulate.
With a very competitive admission process to pass on and a pile of documents needed for the application process, whether you are looking to do MBBS in Russia or some other country. It is always beneficial to have assistance like that of Dalmia Education Consultants, to make sure you have an error-free admission process, and increase your chances of getting into the best universities in Russia.
The MBBS program in Russia is created to offer the greatest instruction and training at a reasonable cost. They offer top-notch facilities with cutting-edge machinery and infrastructure. Financial aid is fairly easy to obtain and requires no entrance exam. In Russia, MBBS classes typically have between 12 and 15 students, ensuring a high level of instruction and focus.
Any Indian applicant who wishes to continue medical education abroad must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam, according to a statement from the Indian Ministry of Health. It became obligatory after May 2018.
For Indian students, the MBBS program in Russia lasts six years. International students who want to study MBBS in Russia with English as the primary language of instruction are not obliged to take a one-year preparatory program before beginning the MBBS program.