MBBS in Latvia: An Overview
Study MBBS in Latvia
One of the top choices for students looking to study medicine internationally is quickly becoming Latvia. This Baltic nation has a great deal to offer in terms of high-quality education, enticing culture, and stunning natural surroundings. Students should be aware of Riga Stradins University and the University of Latvia. Both of them impart medical knowledge in Riga’s capital city, English.
Every year, more and more foreign students pick Latvian colleges to get their M.D. and D.M.D. This nation is among the finest in Europe for studying medicine, which is not surprising given its strong infrastructure and higher education system. For those willing to pursue medical studies, joining the European Union in 2004 and the Schengen area in 2007 opened up endless possibilities.
The Dalmia Education Team helps students who are applying to the best universities in Latvia . The Dalmia Education Team supports students throughout the application process to make it as simple as possible for them and assure that they have no problems completing it. The team is accessible to students at every stage of the application process to address any concerns they might have.
Highlights of MBBS in Armenia
|Name of the course||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)|
|Duration of the course||5 + 1 years|
|Basic eligibility criteria for the course||Minimum 50% in 10+ 2 Examinations with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as Subjects|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|IELTS & TOEFL requirement||No|
|Cost of living (Without Rent)||$600-$700|
Advantages / Benefits of studying MBBS in Latvia
There are numerous benefits to pursuing MBBS in Latvia for Indian students. We’ve listed them here to help you comprehend them better.
- Recognition of the degree on a global scale
- moderate cost of tuition
- moderate cost of life
- accessible dorms for students
- Latvia is a member of the EU and Schengen.
- Favourable weather conditions
Why Study MBBS in Latvia?
The following are the advantages of MBBS and MD degrees from Latvia n medical schools:
- As a member of the European Union, Latvia is a modern nation that is rapidly modernising.
- In the most advanced economies in the world, where learning involves considerably more than merely attending lectures, it occupies the 39th spot.
- The ECTS credit system, used by institutions in Latvia, facilitates the transfer of credits internationally.
- You will earn a diploma that is respected all around the world after you graduate.
- A top-notch educational system has been built over many years of practice.
- You get to study from the finest and get access to clinics, hospitals, labs, and libraries.
- Graduates are eligible to apply for postgraduate training programmes and residency programmes at universities with teaching hospitals anywhere in the globe.
- You may expect great living and educational standards in this nation.
- The years you spend as a student in Latvia will be unforgettable.
Student life in Armenia
In Latvia, there is a thriving and lively student life that is also highly organised, diversified, and special with many chances for personal growth. Latvia has a lot to offer in terms of experiences and adventure, making campus life as a foreign student there highly lively. As a northern-most Baltic country, Latvia has exceptionally lengthy and dark winters from November through December. While temperatures in Latvia often hover around -10° C with heavy snowfall, they can occasionally reach -20° C for a few days each year in some locations.
Because so many Latvians are English speakers, going about your regular business in English is rather simple in Latvia. English is the language of teaching for international students in the majority of Latvian higher educational institutions, and the younger generation of Latvians is quite proficient in it.
International student ID cards are highly useful for students in Latvia since they enable them to take advantage of several student discounts and special offers, including those for transportation and food.
In Latvia, the legal drinking age is 18, and violators will face consequences.
If you want to purchase or rent an automobile in Latvia, you must have a valid driver’s licence. Students from EU nations may use their home country’s licence, while other foreign students are required to obtain a Latvian licence.
MBBS curriculum in Latvia
The leading medical colleges in Latvia follow a curriculum similar to the MBBS programme in India. As a result, it is easier for Indian students to opt to continue their study in Latvia through the MBBS programme.
Latvia n MBBS courses are taught in English. To communicate and engage with locals more easily, it is essential that students learn the native language.
The highlights of the curriculum are:
- The full MBBS programme is completed in Latvia in five to six years. Both American and European standards are met by this.
- During the first three years of medical school, students are taught the theoretical side of medicine.
- The basics of human biology, as well as microbiology, genetics, physiology, biochemistry, and general pathology, are covered in the first three years of school.
- Each year is divided into two semesters.
- The last three years are the crucial ones when, in addition to studying emergency medicine, neurology, paediatrics, psychiatry, primary care medicine, and other specialities, students are required to complete an internship.
MBBS in Latvia V/s MBBS in India
|Bases of difference||MBBS in Latvia||MBBS in India|
|Cost||Latvia medical school is less expensive than those in other nations including India.||In India, attending medical school is expensive.|
|Donation||There is no compulsion to donate.||For admittance to several medical schools in India, donations are necessary.|
|Entrance Exam||No entrance exam is necessary.||There is an exam for admission.|
|Recognition||NMC and WHO (Globally Recognized Degree), which gives students the opportunity to interact with students around the world.||MBBS doesn’t necessarily give you worldwide exposure and connections.|
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Latvia
The following are the requirements for admission to the Latvian MBBS programme:
- A minimum of 50% in biology, chemistry, and physics is required of applicants.
- A 12th grade diploma from a recognised board or university is required for application.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old and no older than 25 years old.
- Before applying for an MBBS in Latvia, candidates must pass the NEET test.
Document Required for MBBS in Latvia
Below are the document requirements for applying for MBBS in Latvia:
- Police clearance document
- Birth Registration
- Purpose Statement
- 10+2 mark papers to copy
- Health Certification
- Invitation letter from University of Latvia
- Receipt for application costs
- financial report
- A passport photocopy
- Copies of passport-sized pictures
Best Medical colleges in Latvia for intake 2022-2023
|Riga Stradins University||
University of Latvia
How to get Admission for MBBS in Latvia
Now let’s look at the application process for MBBS universities in Latvia:
- To pursue your MBBS studies, you must select from one of Latvia’s top universities.
- Then, after connecting onto the appropriate website, you must submit a thorough online application to that University.
- Once you get a letter of permission from the relevant University, you will pay the necessary costs.
- After that, in order to study and stay in Latvia, you must apply for a student visa.
- Once you get your visa from the Latvian authorities, you must purchase airline tickets.
- Check all the documentation you’ll need to bring to Latvia for your study abroad programme.
- Once all the requirements are completed, you are ready to board a plane for Latvia to finish your MBBS programme there.
There is an extremely challenging admissions procedure to go through and a tonne of documentation that needs to be done, whether you decide to study MBBS in Latvia or any other country. The best method to ensure a smooth admissions process and increase your chances of getting into Latvia ‘s finest universities is to have help by expert consultants of Dalmia Education Consultants.
The MBBS program in Latvia is created to offer the greatest instruction and training at a reasonable cost. They offer top-notch facilities with cutting-edge machinery and infrastructure. Financial aid is fairly easy to obtain and requires no entrance exam.
Any Indian applicant who wishes to continue medical education abroad must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam, according to a statement from the Indian Ministry of Health. It became obligatory after May 2018.
For Indian students, the MBBS program in Latvia lasts six years. International students who want to study MBBS in Latvia with English as the primary language of instruction are not obliged to take a one-year preparatory program before beginning the MBBS program.
The main language of Latvia is Latvian. Other than this, Latvian schools often teach English and Russian.
Let's Make Your Education Journey Memorable!
Let Dalmia Education take care of all your worries starting from visa and onboarding to hostel and meals, so you can complete your MBBS abroad hassle-free