MBBS in Iran: An Overview
Study MBBS in Iran
An MBBS degree from Iran will help you boost your career as a medical professional. With government-accredited medical institutes which are recognized by WHO & NMC, stunning infrastructure, and a welcoming environment, along with quality education and affordable fee structure, help students to gain a degree that is valued and recognized all around the globe. That’s why most students who are looking for a valuable MBBS degree on a budget go to Iran.
Students seeking admission to Iran’s top colleges are assisted by the Dalmia Education Team. The Dalmia Education Team helps students at every stage of the process to make it as easy as possible for them and ensure that they have no difficulties completing their application process. At each stage of the application process, the team is available to answer any questions or address any issues that students may have.
Highlights of MBBS in Iran
|Name of the course||MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)|
|Duration of the course||5 + 1years|
|Basic eligibility criteria for the course||Minimum 50% in 10+ 2 Examinations with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as Subjects|
|Medium of Teaching||English/Persian|
|IELTS & TOEFL requirement||No|
|Cost of living (Without Rent)||$640 – $700|
|Intakes||September & February|
Advantages / Benefits of studying MBBS in Iran
For Indian students, studying MBBS in Iran has many advantages. In order to help you understand them better, we have listed them below
- No additional fees
- No donation is necessary
- Simple admissions processes
- Cost-effective charge structure
- Reasonable living expenses
- Exposure and recognition globally
- Favorable weather conditions
Why Study MBBS in Iran?
- International recognition is granted to graduates of Iran’s MBBS program who receive a medical degree.
- In Iran, passing the MBBS test makes you eligible to sit for exams like the NMC and PMDC.
- The application procedure for MBBS is straightforward.
- Both domestic and international students can understand English, which is the language of teaching for the MBBS program in Iran.
- Iran offers MBBS at a very affordable price.
- International organizations accept the MBBS medical degree achieved at Iranian universities.
- The MBBS program in Iran has the benefit of offering students internships in a number of cutting-edge facilities.
- In Iranian colleges, MBBS provides both a conducive environment for learning and a multi-cultural setting for that learning.
- Iranian MBBS or medical universities offer well-equipped labs and lecture halls to help the students in the learning process.
- The medical universities in Iran have sizable campus areas with academic and dormitory buildings.
- The ease of having all of their study resources in one location—the large libraries of institutions—is advantageous to MBBS students in Iran.
- The students get to learn from highly qualified and knowledgeable tutors if they pursue an MBBS in Iran.
Student life in Iran
Cost of accommodation and food: Food is very high quality, very hygienic, and reasonably priced. The mid-range restaurant in Iran charges between $15 and $20 for a meal. It will cost between 600 and 800 USD for rent.
Living Cost: A student should set aside around $100 per month for living expenditures, excluding tuition fees, in order to live comfortably while studying in Iran. The cost of living and attending school in Ukraine is significantly lower. This, however, depends on the lifestyle of the specific student.
Travel expenses: The nation’s public transportation is also very affordable. In the entire city, students are given a 30% discount on standard train and bus tickets. A local transit ticket goes for about $2 one way.
MBBS curriculum in Iran
In Iran, the entire MBBS curriculum is finished in six to eight years. This complies with both American and European requirements.
- Students are taught the theoretical side of medicine during the first three years of medical school.
- In the first three years, students are taught the fundamentals of human biology as well as microbiology, genetics, physiology, biochemistry, and general pathology.
- Two semesters are used to divide each year.
- The last three years are the primary years where students must do an internship or clerkship in addition to studying emergency medicine, neurology, psychiatry, paediatrics, primary care medicine, and other specialities.
In Iran, the following teaching techniques are employed with MBBS students:
- Meetings and debates in small groups
- Lecture-based assessments
- Laboratory and practical work
- Clinical education
MBBS in Iran V/s MBBS in India
|Bases of difference||MBBS in Iran||MBBS in India|
|Cost||Iran medical school is less expensive than those in other nations including India.||In India, attending medical school is expensive.|
|Donation||There is no compulsion to donate.||For admittance to several medical schools in India, donations are necessary.|
|Entrance Exam||No entrance exam is necessary.||There is an exam for admission.|
|Recognition||NMC and WHO (Globally Recognized Degree), which gives students the opportunity to interact with students around the world.||MBBS doesn’t necessarily give you worldwide exposure and connections.|
Eligibility criteria for MBBS in Iran
Iran has consistently ranked well on students’ lists for MBBS programs. For Indian students, qualifying is not so difficult. This is what you require:
Age: During the year of admission, you must be 17 years old on or before December 31.
Grades: Students must have received at least 50% of their possible points in the science stream in their 12th grade, including physics, biology, and chemistry. To enroll in the program, you must have completed ISC/CBSE or another equivalent board.
Exam: NMC’s judgment is in line with the Delhi High Court’s ruling. NMC has mandated that Indian students who do not plan to take the NEET but wish to enrol in foreign medical universities from 2019 onwards obtain an Eligibility Certificate from NMC at their expense. IELTS and TOEFL are not necessary for Iran, unlike other international nations, to pursue a degree.
Document Required for MBBS in Iran
The following documentation is required to study MBBS in Iran:
- Passport that is at least 18 months old
- Birth Certificate, 10th, and 12th Certificates
- Four photos in passport size
- Acceptance letter from the Iran Medical University
- A copy of your HIV test results
- All paperwork must have Ministry of External Affairs approval (New Delhi)
- Evidence that each one of your documents has been legalized by a Iran eMBBSssy
- Receipt of payment of visa application fees
- University receipt plus first-year tuition expenses
- Your Statement of Purpose
- English proficiency test results
Best Medical colleges in Iran for intake 2022-2023
|University/Colleges||Establishment Year||Starting fee*||Country Ranking|
|Golestan University of Medical Sciences||1967||$4000/yr||61|
|Hamdan University of Medical Sciences||1972||$6000/yr||32|
|Kurdistan University Of Medical Science||1986||$3500/yr||103|
|Kermanshah University of Medical Science||1968||$4000/yr||34|
|Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences||1987||$4000/yr||115|
|Shiraz University of Medical Sciences||1946||$6000/yr||18|
|Shahid Beheshadi University||1959||$5000/yr||13|
How to get Admission for MBBS in Iran
- Check your eligibility for the MBBS program at the Iranian University by submitting the necessary 10th and 12th-grade certificates and NEET certification.
- After receiving the letter of eligibility, the student Completes the university’s application form of choice.
- Send in all the necessary paperwork.
- Directly deposit registration and Visa fees into the university’s account.
- The Faculty of Medicine will conduct an online interview with applicants.
- The process for obtaining a student visa in Iran is quite transparent and takes 45 to 60 days. Students can track the status of their applications.
- We will provide students with E-VAL once their visa has been accepted.
- To obtain a single entry visa, present all necessary documentation to the Malaysian Consulate in India.
- Pay the annual tuition and room and board straight to the university account.
- Report arrival status to the university
- Book your flight; university representatives will assist you with immigration at the airport and drop you off at the student residence.
Whether you choose to pursue MBBS in Iran or another nation, there is an extremely competitive admissions process to get through and a tonne of paperwork that needs to be submitted. It is always advantageous to have guidance, such as that provided by Dalmia Education Consultants, to ensure a flawless admissions procedure and improve your chances of being accepted into Iran’s top colleges.
The MBBS program in Iran is created to offer the greatest instruction and training at a reasonable cost. They offer top-notch facilities with cutting-edge machinery and infrastructure. Financial aid is fairly easy to obtain and requires no entrance exam.
Any Indian applicant who wishes to continue medical education abroad must appear and pass the NEET entrance exam, according to a statement from the Indian Ministry of Health. It became obligatory after May 2018.
For Indian students, the MBBS program in Iran lasts six years. International students who want to study MBBS in Iran with English as the primary language of instruction are not obliged to take a one-year preparatory program before beginning the MBBS program.
Let's Make Your Education Journey Memorable!
Let Dalmia Education take care of all your worries starting from visa and onboarding to hostel and meals, so you can complete your MBBS abroad hassle-free